If you’ve been around the marketing block a few times, or just starting, what becomes abundantly clear is that content is key to true customer engagement and conversions, especially within existing and surfacing social media platforms.
We’ve heard it all before… “content is king”. But is it? How do we know? There’s nothing like concrete evidence. To make things easier for you, here are 12 content marketing stats every marketer needs to know…
- 93% of B2B marketers use content marketing. (CMI, 2014)
- 70% of marketers create at least one piece of content each day. (eMarketer, 2013)
- 61% of consumers say they are influenced by custom marketing content. (DragonSearch, 2013)
- Content marketing is 62% less expensive than traditional marketing and drives nearly 3X as many leads. (DemandMetric, 2014)
- Content marketing adopters see nearly 6X higher conversion rates than non-users. (Aberdeen, 2013)
- 41% of marketers that curate content indicate it has increased the number and/or quality of their sales-ready leads. (Curata, 2015)
- 58% of marketers say “original written content” is their most important type of content, over visuals and videos. (Social Media Examiner, 2016)
- 73% of organizations have designated someone to oversee their content strategy. (CMI, 2014)
- Long-form blog posts generate 9X more leads than short-form blog posts. (Curata, 2015)
- CMOs say that building organizational competency for content marketing is their second-most important goal, ranking only behind measuring ROI. (IDC, 2014)
- 63% of marketers create content to suit each buyer persona. (Curata, 2015)
- Over 1 billion pieces of content are shared on Facebook alone every single day. (Kissmetrics, 2015)
Content Marketing & Influencer Marketing
Just like for search engines and social media, content is the building block for great influencer marketing campaigns. BONUS: you, savvy marketer, don’t have to create the content yourself. One of the most valuable parts of influencer marketing is that influencers create content that is most relevant for the audience that you want to reach (aka, THEIR audience).
As a marketer, you want more leads and customers. It’s not a question of where to find them…they’re everywhere: social media, Facebook, Twitter, blogs…the list goes on and on.
So, how do you create the right content that will inspire them to take action (click on your site, subscribe, download, etc.)? The struggle is real. Amiright?
Take advantage of these stats — the numbers don’t lie. Then, get the ball rolling with your content strategy. Still not sold? Check out this post: 5 Reasons You Need a Content Marketing Strategy.
Michelle Dziuban (Joo-bin) is the Manager of Marketing Communications at TapInfluence. A recent transplant from Chicago, you can find her enjoying all that Colorado has to offer or on her yoga mat (#Namaslay). Follow her on Twitter @dziubs.