Instagram now boasts over 300 million users, and 53% of the American young adult population is active on the site. If you’re dedicated to meeting your consumers where they are (as you should be) it’s important to create a presence for your brand in the space. Here are 6 benefits of Instagram marketing:
- Visual Content: The visual nature of Instagram makes it an ideal platform for showcasing your products. Take advantage of the opportunity to portray your product in a variety of different usage occasions and inspire consumers to think outside the box!
- Rapid Growth: The Pew Research Center has released data showing that Instagram saw the fastest growth of any major social site among American adults last year.
- Targeted Messaging: Since Instagram is owned by Facebook, the platform is able to make use of Facebook’s staggering stockpile of demographic data to help direct content to the right sets of eyes.
- High Engagement: Instagram is recognized as the “king” of engagement for branded content on a social media platform. According to data collected by Forrester, branded content on Instagram generated a per-follower engagement rate of 4.21%. That’s 58 times the engagement driven by the same type of content on Facebook or Twitter. This means that Instagram gives you a better shot at starting a conversation with your customers than any other social site.
- Education on Your Consumers: There’s a strong chance that your customers are already posting photos related to your business or talking about you on Instagram, especially if you have brick-and-mortar locations that people can visit in person. Some of the most powerful examples of this are hotels, restaurants, and bars. People love Instagramming photos of things they’ve eaten or places they’ve gone, and the captions and comments could be valuable consumer feedback. The easiest way to see if people have Instagrammed about you is to post a picture of your business and tag its location. Once your post is live, you’ll see a link that will allow you to see all the other photos that were taken at your location.
- Feed Other Social Media Efforts: Instagram has a built-in feature that makes it easy to share content to other sites automatically. Go into your Instagram Settings and enable sharing to Facebook and Twitter. This will ensure that your powerfully visual Instagram content is reaching users on other sites as well.
One last thing to keep in mind is that it’s important for your Instagram content to feel native to the space. Much of the power of Instagram marketing lies in its ability to make your brand and your offerings feel “real” and personal to members of the public. You’ll derail this completely if you create Instagram content that looks like what you’d see on a banner ad or a coupon. Be original and use Instagram to help consumers visualize your products in their own homes or offices. If you need help, the TapExchange is home to thousands of influencers who are well-versed in the process of creating branded content on Instagram. If you’re interested in connecting with them, drop us a line or request a demo here.