Personal information refers to information that is connected to a User’s name, and may include things such as a User’s email address, mailing address, telephone number, and demographic information. TapInfluence collects personal information when Users voluntarily submit it to us. For example, we may collect personal information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources that we make available on our Site.
In addition to personal information that we may receive from Users, TapInfluence may collect other information from Users using the following technologies:
- Cookies. “Cookies” are small bits of information that the Site places on the hard drive of a User’s computer. Cookies remember information about activities on the Site to make a User’s visits to the Site more enjoyable and valuable by providing a customized experience and recognizing a User’s preferences. If a User has chosen to disable cookies on his or her browser, some of the functionality of the Site may be lost. Certain services provided by TapInfluence, require that cookies be enabled in a User’s browser and cannot be used when cookies are disabled.
- Flash Cookies. (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”). Flash cookies are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
- Web beacons or clear pixels. Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an email that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements that a User selects, or tracking the performance of email marketing campaigns.
- Web server logs. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages requested by the User’s browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term entered or the link clicked to bring a User a webpage. The web server log also may record information about a User’s browser, such as IP address and the cookies set on the browser by the server.
- Device information. We may collect information about the mobile device or computer used to access the Site, including without limitation the hardware model, operating system and version, browser type, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
TapInfluence participates in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about a User’s use of the Site so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to a User’s interest. That advertising may appear either on the Site, or on other websites.
How we use personal information
TapInfluence may use a User’s personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience. We may use personal information to understand how our Users use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site. We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature. To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails. We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User joins our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect personal information
We use reasonable measures to help prevent personal information from becoming disclosed to individuals who are not described in this policy. While TapInfluence attempts to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and TapInfluence cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
Sharing your personal information
There may be instances when TapInfluence may disclose personal information without providing a User with a choice in order to protect the legal rights of TapInfluence, other affiliated companies or their employees, agents, and contractors; to protect the safety and security of other Users; to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or to comply with the law or legal process. In addition, if TapInfluence sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, TapInfluence may transfer personal information to a third party as part of that transaction.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with TapInfuence are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This notice will identify the categories of information shared with and will include a list of the third parties with which it is shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us at the addresses listed below.
1514 Curtis St., Ste. 300
If TapInfluence needs,or is required, to contact you concerning any event that involves information about you we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
This document was last updated on March 20, 2017